Pyrotechnic ohmmeter / Safety megohmmeter
AOIP designed a pyrotechnic ohmmeter / safety megohmmeter particularly adapted to measurements on pyrotechnical elements.
The instruments perform 4-wire continuity and / or insulation measurements, allowing to annihilate line resistance and get accurate measured values.
Measurement conditions for pyrotechnics
- Measuring current much lower than the current of non-fire
- Connection to the test line only for the activated period of measurement
- Discharge of any residual electrical charges
Safety conditions for pyrotechnics
- No overshoot of maximum current even in case of instrument failure (electronics breakdown, internal short-circuit…)
- Permanent self-checking of the instrument internal functions before connection to measurement channel